Discover the power of diabetes support.
Find the connections you need.
Whether you’re battling diabetes or have a loved one who is, building connections with other people can be the best medicine.
Chances are, there’s some great stuff happening right in your own community, from fundraisers and drives to nearby summer camps and more.
It doesn’t get any better than camp
Camp can be a community lifeline for children living with diabetes and those at risk of developing type 2, as well as for their families. It’s a place where kids can learn independence and develop a new level of self-confidence—all within a safe and fun environment. For 70 years, we’ve run camps across the country serving over 100,000 children and their families. What are you waiting for?
Healthy habits start here
Keep it local: offices and events
Inclusion and awareness
- African American community- 非洲裔美国社区今天面临的最严重的健康问题之一。与一般人群相比，非洲裔美国人对糖尿病的影响不一致。
- Latino and Hispanic community–Diabetes is an urgent health problem in the Latino community, where diabetes rates are nearly double those of non-Latino whites. Nearly 13% of the Hispanic/Latino population in the U.S. live with diabetes.
- AANHPI社区- 与白人美国人相比，美国美国人，夏威夷本土人和太平洋岛民（Aanhpi）患有不同BMI的风险。根据乔斯林的亚洲美国糖尿病倡议，亚洲美国人被认为超重，24岁的BMI的2型糖尿病的风险增加。太平洋岛民被认为是超重，并在27岁的BMI风险。
- American Indian/Alaska Native community–At nearly 15%, American Indians and Alaska Natives have the highest age-adjusted prevalence of diabetes among all U.S. racial and ethnic groups.
- Older adult community–Diabetes disproportionately affects older adults. Approximately 25% of Americans over the age of 60 have diabetes, and aging of the U.S. population is widely acknowledged as one of the drivers of the diabetes epidemic.
It’s Diabetes Awareness month and @mayormikeduggan and I stand with everyone affected by #diabetes.
The numbers don’t lie. Nearly half of American adults have diabetes or #prediabetes. And diabetes will keep affecting us all unless we do something about it. Join the fight, mark your fist and share it with us using #CountMeInADA ️ Take the @amdiabetesassn Association risk assessment at http://bit.ly/diabetesdhd
There is solidarity in numbers! We were so lucky to launch this year’s American Diabetes Month at the 24th Annual Leader’s Forum. •
Thanks to Karen Talmadge PhD (Leader’s Forum Organizer and Speaker), Manny Hernandez (Mission Speaker), Christina Dunham, Leah Holliday, Sarah Wong, Simi Shetty, Brian Wong, and Tom Forgeron for letting us know that we can count you in to join the fight against diabetes. This whole month will be dedicated to raising awareness, activating the community, and awakening the world to the diabetes epidemic. Can we count you in?
#CountMeInADA #connectedforlife#amdiabetesassn #diabetes#diabetesawareness #diabetesmonth#americandiabetesmonth#typeonediabetes #typetwodiabetes#type1diabetes #t1d #t2d#type2diabetes #gestationaldiabetes@amdiabetesassn