For 80 years the ADA has been driving discovery and research to treat, manage and prevent diabetes, while working relentlessly for a cure. We help people with diabetes thrive by fighting for their rights and developing programs, advocacy and education designed to improve their quality of life. Diabetes has brought us together. What we do next will make us Connected for Life.
The American Diabetes Association urges Congress to make diabetes a priority in the 117th Congress.
Increase federal funding for diabetes research and programs.
- Provide $2.29 billion for the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK),进行研究的主要联邦机构，以寻找治愈和提前治疗糖尿病。需要在NIDDK的投资需要推进国家开发新的和卓越的治疗，提高疾病检测和管理，改善预防糖尿病及其并发症，最终发现治愈方法。
- Provide $185 million for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Division of Diabetes Translation (DDT)其使命是通过研究，教育和将科学转化为临床实践来消除可预防的糖尿病负担。该投资DDT将允许CDC根据其创新型糖尿病翻译研究，加强监督努力，扩大国家，州和社区计划。这些计划为公共，医疗保健提供者和患者提供了关于糖尿病风险，并发症，治疗和管理的基本信息和教育。
- Provide $40 million for the National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP),which can dramatically reduce the number of new diabetes cases in individuals with prediabetes. Funding for and continued implementation of the National DPP would allow the CDC to dramatically expand the reach of proven, evidence-based community programs to identify, refer, and provide those at high-risk for diabetes with cost-effective interventions.
- Support a $50 million increase in SDP/SDPI funding to bolster the program during this very difficult time for Americans with diabetes.SDP为治疗1型糖尿病和型糖尿病患者的资金提供了关键资金，为美洲美洲原住民社区的2型糖尿病预防和管理活动。
- 支持Covid-19测试和疫苗分配资金，针对高风险和医学方向的社区。Americans with diabetes and other related underlying health conditions are hospitalized 6 times more often and are 12 times more likely to die of COVID-19.
- Support increased financial assistance for COBRA and individuals with ACA marketplace plans.在大流行期间，糖尿病患者的失业率为18％，促使保险范围内的显着中断。
- Support additional funding for federal nutrition programs such as SNAP.A quarter of Americans with diabetes are rationing insulin and other care during the pandemic, and these dangerous cost-cutting measures are spilling into other needs, like food.
Upcoming meetings will focus on ensuring Congress appropriates robust funding for diabetes research and prevention programs for Fiscal Year 2022, as well as health equity and access to affordable drugs, devices and care.
如果您有兴趣参加与国会有关，sign up to become an ADA Influencer,如果我们与立法者安排会议并提供有关高影响倡导机会的更新，我们将与您联系。
Our goal is to educate lawmakers about issues important to people living with diabetes and remain in contact with them at crucial times during the year. Members of Congress want to hear from you—their constituents—to understand your priorities. Your story helps the cause of the diabetes community on Capitol Hill.
Matt Scott | Director, Legislative Affairsmscott@www.herpmed.com