COVID-19: If you do get sick, know what to do.
March 30, 2020
If you feel like you are developing symptoms, be sure to call your doctor.
Here are some common tips, which may vary for each person:
- Drink lots of fluids. If you’re having trouble keeping water down, have small sips every 15 minutes or so throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
- 如果你正在经历一个低(血糖低于70 mg/dl or your target range), eat 15 grams of simple carbs that are easy to digest like honey, jam, Jell-O, hard candy, popsicles, juice or regular soda, and re-check your blood sugar in 15 minutes to make sure your levels are rising. Check your blood sugar extra times throughout the day and night (generally, every 2-3 hours; if using a CGM, monitor frequently).
- If your blood sugar has registered high (BG greater than 240mg/dl) more than 2 times in a row, check for ketones to avoid DKA. • Call your doctor's office immediately, if you have medium or large ketones (and if instructed to with trace or small ketones).
- Be aware that some CGM sensors (Dexcom G5, Medtronic Enlite, and Guardian) are impacted by Acetaminophen (Tylenol). Check with finger sticks to ensure accuracy.
- Wash your hands and clean your injection/infusion and finger-stick sites with soap and water or rubbing alcohol.